• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

[HOWTO] File Location Catalog

PowerShell DrivePool File Listing recovery backup

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

1. Well, that's easy, as the DPCMD utility is already doing that. 
    As for historical data.... the DPCMD utility is pulling this from the driver, which pulls it from the system.  So the information is dynamic, and changes. And no, we don't keep a record. 
  2. yeah, that info can be pulled to, and the DPCMD utlity is doing so (but I believe it's a simple matter of being 'recursive', and enumerating everything. 
  3. That depends on what you mean.  However, if you mean during access, then yeah, that could be handled.  Otherwise, again, no historical data. 
  4. See above? :)

I'll bug alex about this. And likely? He'll post code samples, I think.  So it should be fairly simple, relatively speaking. 

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

#42 Spider99

Spider99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWarrington, UK

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:40 AM

ok

will be interesting to see what he posts

its only at the moment giving live info for all - more interesting is the history for all

error is that pesky sys vol info folder!!!!! which also happens to be where most of the "other" data lives for me anyway 

Tim

---------

DrivePool & Scanner on 2012R2 Essentials Server Gigabyte Z87x OC Force, i7-4790S, 32 GB, LSI 9211, HP SAS Expander, 27 Storage disks, 6 SSD Cache, ~115 TB Storage

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PowerShell, DrivePool, File Listing, recovery, backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users