Bug report: window goes blank

mentalinc

Question

Hi

I've noticed that when I have the scanner open and then switch user on Windows 10 and log back in again the scanner window goes blank. The only way to get the application to work again is to close and then reopen the scanner.

2MUAOTd.png

I'm using version 2.5.1.3062

thanks

5 answers to this question

I'm glad that the beta build fixed the UI/render issue!

And I apologize for the status reset, I've seen t his happen a couple of times, and we really haven't been able to pin the issue down.

If you have a backup of the system from before upgrading, could you grab the contents of "C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scanner" and upload it to us. Use the upload form here:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Freeze

(or open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contactand upload it there).  

However, if needed, you can reset the scan status here:

http://stablebit.com/Support/Scanner/2.X/Manual?Section=Disk%20Scanning%20Panel

The fourth button on the side allows you to mark the disk as healthy.

I was about to post this issue myself when I ran across this.

I'm a bit disappointed that 18 months later there has not been a stable release yet.

I am uploading a dump to you right now, hopefully it will help resolve the issue and we can see a new version released sometime in the next 18 months.

A warning to all.  You lose ALL drive info, not just scan settings.  I spent considerable time going through setting Name, Server and Bay info for each one, and all of it is now lost.  I have 24 drives, and have multiples (2-4) of drive types so it is not easy figuring out which drives are in which bays without physically removing them.

I'm a bit disappointed that 18 months later there has not been a stable release yet.

Yeah, so are we.   The problem is that we're a small company (eg, just Alex and myself, at the moment), and StableBit CloudDrive turned out to be a lot more complicated/complex that anticipated.  We had hoped to be done with a while ago, and to have had stable releases out for all of t he software by now... but that obviously hasn't happened. 

And if it makes you feel any better, we really, really want to get stable releases out (but we also don't want to rush things). 

As for the status reset, we do apologize for the issue, but ... this issue is a very, very inconsistent issue.  I've seen it happen on my personal server, but I haven't ever been able to reproduce it.  Nor has Alex.   Because we can't reproduce it, it means we're not sure what is actually causing the reset, which means fixing it is incredibly difficult. 

That said, Alex has made improvements to the settings code that should help prevent this from happening in the future.