gwtony

Question

I have stablebit scanner installed, along with server smart to evaluate hard drive health. Drive pool is also installed, and there are 3 hard drives in my pool.  I mapped 2 of the DrivePool folders to my workstations, and use those folders all the time (one holds all my photos, the other holds all my videos).

The other day I received a warning on the dashboard along with an email about one of the drives parking too many times which indicates a possible failure. This warning was only send from Scanner, not from server smart, so I looked into it and the drive seemed to be OK as far as performance, I thought maybe this Scanner is just a little too sensitive to some sort of reading because server smart had all check marks and did not show anything wrong with the drive. Needless to say, the drive failed about a month later. Not only did the one product prove to be a great value (Scanner), but the second product saved my data due to me not listening to Scanner’s warnings.  Drive pool showed the drive as missing after it failed, I chose the remove drive option, and suffered no loss of any data. The remaining 2 drives balanced out and all is good.

I just wanted to post this little story and to thank the team that has created and continues to support these products. I also feel that this post will help others decide to put faith into the product and have some piece of mind that their data is safe with proper use of the software.

Thank YOU! 

1 answer to this question