• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

StableBit DrivePool Per-Folder Duplication

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Alex

Alex

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

I fell in love with multipule pools and have no need of by foldler duplication. But keep it if you must!!!

Yep, that's what I was thinking as well when I made the initial post. But many people seem to love the feature, so it's not going away :)

• gringott likes this

#22 dbailey75

dbailey75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

seems I'm late to ring in on this subject, and while it seems the decision has been made, yes folder duplication is the second reason why one would use pooling software,  MS actually gotthat one right with WHS V1, and like all good ideas at MS, they dropped it and moved on to something new,  MCE was another great idea from our Friends at Redmond, at least they haven't shelved this one, yet. any who. 

Just like Mrbiggles said, I use folder duplication for those family pictures, family movies, personal documents, etc.   

I do use multiple pools as well,  I don't want to use my primary pool, which has mostly static data, to become fragmented with my recorded TV archive for example, which changes daily. I have a second pool for recorded TV. 

#23 britgeezer

britgeezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Call me old fashioned I like duplication by Folder.

#24 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,196 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

And that's still entirely possible. This just lets you choose which disks those folder go on. :)

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users