• Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Windows 10 support etc

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

Customer and Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA, USA

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

Chris,

Good thing Drivepool is still stable despite so many Windows updates. But if Microsoft had broken the Drivepool with the anniversary update, I would not want to figure out how to convert 17tb pool data to RAID1 setup.  Just wanted make sure you guys have not given up on Drivepool. 

Understandable. 

And actually, I'm using it on two systems with Windows 10 AU, including my desktop system.  

And no, we definitely havin't "given up".  Though most of the development time has going to StableBit CloudDrive. But as we're nearing completion on that, it should go back to bug fixes and feature additions in all three products.  

In fact, there are a number of newer builds that have been released recently for StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner.  Including a massive overhaul for the measuring system. 

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012

Lead Moderator for We Got Served

Moderator for Home Server Show

This is my server

Lots of "Other" data on your pool? Read about what it is here.

#102 easyrider

easyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

any update on windows 10 support thats not beta stage mate?

#103 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

any update on windows 10 support thats not beta stage mate?

The Release version supports Windows 10 just fine. It has no issues running on either Windows 10 or Server 2016. 

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#104 easyrider

easyrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

The Release version supports Windows 10 just fine. It has no issues running on either Windows 10 or Server 2016. 

Great what I now want to do is get a Dell T20 mini server, install windows 10 on it on a 500GB SSD. Use this as music studio PC.... Then I want to create my \\media server virtual machine with windows 10... install drive pool on this VM and then add my pool disks currently that are in my old 8.1 windows micoserver.

Is it a case of once I install Drivepool on the VM... the old  disks will just appear as the pool once attached as passthrough disks on the vm?

This is major upgrade for me so want to be clear before I do the upgrade and dismantle the old server...

The idea is to consilidate 2 micro servers and one Desktop PC into one box...

Cheers

#105 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

Great what I now want to do is get a Dell T20 mini server, install windows 10 on it on a 500GB SSD. Use this as music studio PC.... Then I want to create my \\media server virtual machine with windows 10... install drive pool on this VM and then add my pool disks currently that are in my old 8.1 windows micoserver.

Is it a case of once I install Drivepool on the VM... the old  disks will just appear as the pool once attached as passthrough disks on the vm?

This is major upgrade for me so want to be clear before I do the upgrade and dismantle the old server...

The idea is to consilidate 2 micro servers and one Desktop PC into one box...

Cheers

Shouldn't be a problem with doing that, at least as far as I'm reading (sorry, not feeling 100%, so I may miss something). 

And yeah, once the software is installed on the VM and the disks are passed through to the VM, it will automatically recreate the pool.   Some settings will be maintained (pool content, duplication settings), but some will not be (balancing settings, file placement rules, drive letter). 

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

#106 mklv

mklv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

I updated my Windows 10 from 1507 (not sure of number) to 1607.  Upon restart, there was a message from "Compatibility Assistant" that said "This app is no longer available. StableBit DrivePool (64 bit) was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of Windows."

I checked and found that DrivePool was still installed, and my pool was also intact.

I'm currently running 2.2.0.651 BETA.  Is there an update that I should install?

Thanks

#107 Christopher (Drashna)

Christopher (Drashna)

• Administrators
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

You should be perfectly fine.  

It's probably being flagged because ... well, we're a small company.

Christopher Courtney

aka "Drashna"

This is my server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users