OneDrive for Business Provider Issues

Christopher (Drashna)

Question

It looks like the authentication for OneDrive for Business is having issues at the moment.

We are looking into the issue, and hope to fix it in the near future.

Sorry, but we don't have an ETA on this, as the issue depends on what exactly Microsoft changed on their end.

25 answers to this question

For anyone wishing to use OneDrive for Business, we've fixed the authentication issues.

Please download the following builds, if you're using this provider:

32-bit: http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.296_x86_BETA.exe

64-bit: http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.296_x64_BETA.exe

I think there are some possible stablity issues with onedrive, I was seeing I/O errors and lots of retries when I tried using it.

This is the Business version, not tried with the consumer version (I Have both).

Connection is capable of about 200/200 (It's actually a 1Gbit/s uplink but the router i have there at the moment runs out of cpu before that, also I'm not sure what the contention levels are, was seeing peaks of about 40Mbit/s to onedrive)

Well, this may be normal.  Specifically, OneDrive for Business uses SharePoint as the backend for the system.  And if you have experience with SharePoint ....... 

And IIRC, there are a list of optimization/tweaks that can be done on the backend for the provider that helps with performance and issues.  And I believe that Alex has been meaning to write a post about this. 

Are there any specific instructions for logging in to Onedrive for Business? Or maybe still issues with authentication? 

Name is just a label for the drive or username for Onedrive required?

Key, have that and pasted in.

Onedrive button selected.

Tenant is the full path or just the tenant bit?

I have tried all sorts of combinations and always get security error. I am using the version posted in this thread.

Thanks

I'm still having auth issues on latest beta.  We're on o365 for business and I get an error AADSTS90093: Calling principal cannot consent due to lack of permissions.

I looked up the error yesterday, and believed it was because of my account permissions (I did clear cache from browser).  But Netdrive is able to mount just fine.

Alex (the developer) is currently rewriting the entire authorization system right now.  This should hopefully fix any of the issues you are seeing with the process. 

If you want, I can link you a beta build that includes the new UI and authorization code. 

That would be lovely.

Thanks!

I did install and see the new UI, but the link is the same.  The Microsoft website still returns the same error.

If it helps at all, Netdrive2 authenticates fine.  It does so in a smaller window, without launching a browser.  I didn't see any specific info to give you that could be done differently, I just log in and Approve app access.

I also get Calling principal cannot consent due to lack of permissions. on Microsoft one drive for business. Using the .399 build.

Could you grab the error reports from the system, as well as the "Logs" folder?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Error_Reports

Could you grab the error reports from the system, as well as the "Logs" folder?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Error_Reports

I cleaned up the folder error report folder as i have done a lot of testing. Trying to log into One Drive for business again this does not produce an error report, in addition i do not see anything being added to the log file.

I've seen the public response of Alex in the issue:

That is intentional because OneDrive for Business doesn't support partial downloading of chunks (aka HTTP range requests). This means that for every read, no matter how small, we end up downloading at least the chunk size (1MB maximum currently).

If I understand it correct, there is a big overhead while making small reads. On the other hand I think that the actual max chunk size of 1 MB increases the overhead in download-time for big files, because the maximal number of download threads is limited so it adds one Round-Trip-Time to the download-time for every additional Request.

If I understand it correct, there is a big overhead while making small reads. On the other hand I think that the actual max chunk size of 1 MB increases the overhead in download-time for big files, because the maximal number of download threads is limited so it adds one Round-Trip-Time to the download-time for every additional Request.

There can be yes, because of the added protocol and header info.  

However, the other issue here is latency.  While it may be more bandwidth efficient to use larger chunks, it adds additional access time to the drive itself.  Prefetching may help, but that's for SEQUENTIAL reads.  

But what happens when you have a bunch of random reads?  Like what is common for NTFS info access?  Then you have to download each large chunk, and wait on it.  If the system has to wait too long, it can (will) lock up the system.   it's something that we've seen.  That is why there is a timeout value, and why there is a limit on the number of errors that can occur before the drive itself is unmounted.  

The problem is that we have to balance web traffic an disk I/O to prevent issues on either end, and that's not exactly an easy act. ESPECIALLY when the web provider doesn't allow partial reads.

The other thing, is that we'll download the entire file rather than chunks, in certain cases (eg, when needed, when it makes sense).  But otherwise, downloading the entire chunk is not just inefficient, but wasteful. 

Hi, i have an Office 365 business test account and try onedrive with clouddrive. I use an 100 mbps down and 40 mbps upload connection.

i get only rates below 10 mbps uploading. Is this normal? - I have to correct me: it seems less then 5 mbps :-(

With amazon cloud drive i get ~ 20 mbps. Not good but better then onedrive.

I need an provider where i can upload with the maximum of my conection :-(

Hi, i have an Office 365 business test account and try onedrive with clouddrive. I use an 100 mbps down and 40 mbps upload connection.

i get only rates below 10 mbps uploading. Is this normal? - I have to correct me: it seems less then 5 mbps :-(

With amazon cloud drive i get ~ 20 mbps. Not good but better then onedrive.

I need an provider where i can upload with the maximum of my conection :-(

To be blunt, then the OneDrive for business may no be the best solution.  It's backed by "SharePoint" which is known to have performance (and other) issues. 

That said, try creating a new drive.  When doing so, open the advanced settings.  Increase the "storage chunk size" and increase the "maximum download size". 

Once you've created the drive, click on "Drive Options" -> "Performance" -> "I/O Performance", and increase the number of upload and download threads. 

These changes may significantly increase performance here.