How can I use StableBit DrivePool with StableBit CloudDrive?

Because we've already have had a couple of questions about this, in their current forms, StableBit DrivePool works VERY well with StableBit Cloud Drive already.

The StableBit CloudDrive drive disks appear as normal, physical disks. This means that you can add them to a Pool without any issues or workarounds.

Why is this important and how does it affect your pool?

• You can use the File Placement Rules to control what files end up on which drive. This means that you can place specific files on a specific CloudDrive. 
  • You can use the "Disk Usage Limiter" to only allow duplicated data to be placed on specific drives, which means you can place only duplicated files on a specific CloudDrive disk.

These are some very useful tricks to integrate the products, already. 

And if anyone else finds some neat tips or tricks, we'll add them here as well.

is cloudDrive hosted by stablebit?

can I mirror my drivepool to the cloud drive?

this would be great....

No.  We don't host any of the data at all.

StableBit CloudDrive provides a service, really. And that is converting your cloud storage accounts (Such as DropBox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Amazon S3, etc) and creates a virtual drive.

These "drives" can then be added to the pool. And then, yes, mirrored to the cloud.

You can check out details here:

http://blog.covecube.com/2015/05/introducing-stablebit-clouddrive/

• 3 months later...

Where can I find this plugin?  I can't find it.

• You can use the "Disk Usage Limiter" to only allow duplicated data to be placed on specific drives, which means you can place only duplicated files on a specific CloudDrive disk

This is one of the built in balancers, actually. You don't need to do anything, it should "just be there".  To view this balancer and the rest, click on "Pool options", click on the "Balancing..." option, and open the "Balancers" tab in the window that opens up.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you verify that I setup DrivePool and CloudDrive correctly to backup files from my pool to the cloud drive? The steps I followed are:

• Disable automatic file re-balancing plugin in Stablebit DrivePool
  • Create new Amazon Cloud Drive using Stablebit CloudDrive
  • Add new Amazon Cloud Drive to the drive pool
  • In the Stablebit DrivePool pool Pool Options > Balancing... settings dialog, go to the Balancers tab and set the Drive Usage Limit plugin to allow Duplicated files on only the Amazon CloudDrive and to allow Unduplicated on all of the local disks
  • Enable file protection/duplication if its not enabled
  • Wait for the files to be duplicated to your Amazon CloudDrive

I have seen elsewhere on the forums that the CloudDrive bandwidth is currently being throttled. What speeds should we expect to see? Right now it looks like I am getting between 1-2 Mbits/s.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Totally new to all of this.

Is it possible to make a CloudDrive that uses Drivepool as the default drive for something like Google Drive?

In particular the "Photos" folder - shared from Google Photos.

I've tried using only Drivepool as the Google Drive set up location, only to get errors.

Using CloudDrive, when setting up Google PHOTOS, Drivepool is not listed.

EDIT: Also, as the PHOTOS folder does not count toward Google Drives (free) limit - it's just sort of "linked" and stored locally after sync - will CloudDrive be able to show it?