Why isn't XYZ Provider available?

Christopher (Drashna)

Question

Not every Cloud Provider is going to be listed. And that's okay.

For the public beta, we focused on the most prolific and popular cloud storage providers.

If you don't see a specific provider in StableBit CloudDrive, let us know and we'll look into it.
If you can provide a link to the SDK/API, it would be helpful, but it's not necessary.

Just because you see it listed here does not me we will add the provider. Whether we add them or not depends on a number of factors, including time to develop them, stability, reliability, and functionality, among other factors.

Providers already requested:

Providers that will not be added:

• Degoo
    • No publicly accessible API.
    • Without an API that support reading and writing files to the provider, there is no possibility of adding support for this provider. 
  • Sync.com
    • No publicly accessible API
    • Without an API that support reading and writing files to the provider, there is no possibility of adding support for this provider. 
  • Amazon Glacier
    • https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/16676
    • There is a 4+ hour wait time to access uploaded data. This means Amazon Glacier completely unusable to us. We couldn't even perform upload verification on content due to this limitation. 
  • HubiC
  • CrashPlan?
  • MediaFire
    • Not suitable due to stability issues.
  • Thunderdrive
    • No publicly accessible API.
  • LiveDrive
    • No Publicly accessible API.
  • Zoolz
    • No Publicly accessible (developer) API

Would also like to +1 for google drive, I am surprised that this and one drive didn't make the cut for beta since they offer unlimited space. All in time =)

Google Drive is one of the top priority, IIRC.

OneDrive *did* make the cut. The problem is that it's basically completely unusable for StableBit CloudDrive:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1222-there-is-no-onedrive-provider/

Yup, we've considered it. But they didn't appear to have an API that we can use. 

However, the B2 provider would.

And it is definitely cheaper.

The difference here is that Amazon S3, and Azure Storage both have geo-redundancy options, which BackBlaze doesn't appear to. So ... that could be an issue for a lot of people.

Additionally, the download cost may add up REALLY quickly (just like with the other providers).

Google Drive is one of the top priority, IIRC.

OneDrive *did* make the cut. The problem is that it's basically completely unusable for StableBit CloudDrive:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1222-there-is-no-onedrive-provider/

Any update since August on Google Drive? I have unlimited Google Drive space, currently have 7TB there, and am anxiously waiting to purchase Cloud Drive the day Alex adds Google Drive support. I'd also be willing (and excited!) to do any alpha/beta testing!

Any update since August on Google Drive? I have unlimited Google Drive space, currently have 7TB there, and am anxiously waiting to purchase Cloud Drive the day Alex adds Google Drive support. I'd also be willing (and excited!) to do any alpha/beta testing!

The plan is to release the next beta build of StableBit CloudDrive soon. There are a huge number of fixes and optimizations in it (including to the authorization system).  

Once that's out, then we plan to add more of the providers.

The plan is to release the next beta build of StableBit CloudDrive soon. There are a huge number of fixes and optimizations in it (including to the authorization system).  

Patiently (anxiously) waiting  :D

Awesome to hear, cant wait to test it out!

Hi!

Because of all the trouble with ACD I have been on the lookout for a cloud provider with an unlimited plan, at a reasonable price point. Lo and behold - I came across OpenDrive. An unlimited plan for 99 USD a year, with unlimited speed, bandwidth etc etc. It sounded too good to be true! I then came racing back to the Stablebit website to check if the provider was supported....but alas, no. It was too god to be true ;)

Is it possible for you guys to give any info on a timeframe for support? With all the sh*t ACD is giving you, OpenDrive seems like the best alternative, and a provider worth supporting :) 

Thank you very much for a smooth approach to encryption in the cloud! With support for an unlimited cloud provider, I can ditch my current setup of NetDrive and Boxcryptor. Looking forward to it! :)

Hi!

Because of all the trouble with ACD I have been on the lookout for a cloud provider with an unlimited plan, at a reasonable price point. Lo and behold - I came across OpenDrive. An unlimited plan for 99 USD a year, with unlimited speed, bandwidth etc etc. It sounded too good to be true! I then came racing back to the Stablebit website to check if the provider was supported....but alas, no. It was too god to be true ;)

Is it possible for you guys to give any info on a timeframe for support? With all the sh*t ACD is giving you, OpenDrive seems like the best alternative, and a provider worth supporting :)

Thank you very much for a smooth approach to encryption in the cloud! With support for an unlimited cloud provider, I can ditch my current setup of NetDrive and Boxcryptor. Looking forward to it! :)

Once we have a new public release, then after t hat, we may add more providers.

however, we do have a request for OpenDrive already.... 

But ... they're having issues today apparently ("Error establishing database connection").... Ooops.

Just throwing my two cents in there, I think Backblaze should be a priority during/after ACD post-public release. If you look at prices... obviously Google Drive is the cheapest at a general $10-15 for "lifetime" unlimited storage off particular auction websites. ACD is not expensive at $60/yr for unlimited, and Backblaze I believe follows the same pricing scheme at $60/yr. Ideally you'd expect ACD to perform better due to their size and number of datacenters, so probably the smarter priority, but Backblaze should be up there... especially against other services.

Just throwing my two cents in there, I think Backblaze should be a priority during/after ACD post-public release. If you look at prices... obviously Google Drive is the cheapest at a general $10-15 for "lifetime" unlimited storage off particular auction websites. ACD is not expensive at $60/yr for unlimited, and Backblaze I believe follows the same pricing scheme at $60/yr. Ideally you'd expect ACD to perform better due to their size and number of datacenters, so probably the smarter priority, but Backblaze should be up there... especially against other services.

To be blunt, we don't plan on adding any more providers until we have a new public beta or RC build.  Once that happens, we plan on going through the list of providers and evaluating them (eg, see which are viable, etc). 

As for adding BackBlaze, only their B2 service offers a usable API.  This is much more expensive than the other providers, but still cheaper than S3, Azure Storage or Google Cloud Storage. In fact, I've already done a breakdown of the costs here:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1268-cloud-providers/&do=findComment&comment=8445

I am using ACD, Hubic, Google Drive,  Owncloud/Nextcloud and WebDav/FTP.

I think you are already supporting so much providers and in my opinion you should prior to keep this services up to date and working flawless instead of working on new providers.

By the way, i really love your software and after testing it with the trial account ill buy it for sure.

I am using ACD, Hubic, Google Drive,  Owncloud/Nextcloud and WebDav/FTP.

I think you are already supporting so much providers and in my opinion you should prior to keep this services up to date and working flawless instead of working on new providers.

By the way, i really love your software and after testing it with the trial account ill buy it for sure.

Which is the plan, really.

Adding additional providers isn't hard, as long as they have an actual API.  But each has their own quirks and behavior. 

We don't plan on adding any more providers until we have a stable version out. Once we do, then we will see about adding these other providers. 

I was playing around with settings and noticed that I could enable beta providers.  I see that MediaFire is now included.  I tried to enter more than 1 account and it failed.  Is this intentional at this time, or shall I just wait for the next beta / submit this as a problem ticket?

Thanks again for such awesome software!